Monday, March 02, 2009

The Spanking Cha-Cha

Use this approach sometime and see what happens with yours. We've all seen it - that quick little footwork (think River Dance) that comes right before a massive fit pitching! Well, we don't relish correction in this household, but sometimes you gotta do what gots ta' be done. Tonight Allie started into a little dancy-looking episode at bedtime, and out of nowhere came the advent of the "Spanking Cha-Cha". At first I just laughed at her silly behavior and asked Allie if she was doing a spanking dance (like a rain dance). An then the first chorus just flowed...

To the tune of La Couca Racha (spell that for me)

I need a spanking
Give me a spanking
That's why I do the spanking cha-cha

You gotta a spanking
I want a spaking
That's why I sing the spanking song
cha cha cha

It sounds mean spirited, but it was actually a good natured way of reminding Allie that nothing good would come of a bedtime fit. She giggled and danced conga-style with daddy and myself all the way upstairs, and even begged for an encore performance before lights out.

1 comment:

Amy said...

(It's "La Cucaracha.") And that's awesome ... anytime you can turn a fit-pitching around, whatever means necessary, is a great thing. I will have to give the Spanking Cha-Cha a try myself!